Time Management and the Art of Prioritisation
1 Day Course
No one can increase the number of hours in a day, but we can use them better. And that won’t come from worrying about the time, doing long “to do lists” or just using a new organiser! Successful time management comes from managing behaviours and priorities better.
This course identifies patterns of behaviours which waste time and then introduces techniques to prioritise more effectively. It will help delegates to understand how to maximise their time and achieve more as a result.
Who will this course benefit?
This is a course for anyone who wants to maximise their time, doing the things that are important.
What is it and why is it important?
- Defining Time Management – what does it mean?
- Reviewing barriers that stop us being better time managers
- Understanding how behaviours contribute
Procrastination and the Time Bandits
- Reviewing personal time wasters and procrastination
- Creating Time Logs – identifying the realities of our time
- My schedule – looking at personal daily scheduling
Getting it right, not just doing it right
- Introducing Important vs Urgent for prioritising
- Understanding personal priorities (what’s important)
- Linking goals with Important and Urgent
- Time Triage
Personal time targets
- Addressing the art of saying "no"
- Work overloads – email, telephones and meetings
- Dealing with other people and delegation
- Coaching time benefits and actions to do
- Setting goals moving forward